Ktizo is a new kind of spiritual outpost for the 21st century born of hope, faith and love .
Ktizo is made up of people striving to live in a way that exemplifies the grace, abundance and love of God that compels us to share all of who we are, what we have and what God instills in us not only with each other but with all in our community.
We are passionate people with a contagious spirit. We are a church rooted in Christianity that celebrates eclectic expressions of faith through art, music, and worship. We are leaders who build partnerships and create meaningful opportunities to heal the community around us. The community is our sanctuary. We are multifaceted and share our skills and talents with each other without reservation. Our actions are guided by values and purpose, and not just tradition. We are grounded by personal connection and welcome all without judgment. We measure our worth in action not numbers. We are an Open and Affirming congregation. We are proud to say ONA.
The ways that we are engaging with God in seeking to create a heavenly community is called “ktizoing.” Our 12 core touch stones for being Ktizo and doing ktizo are:
- Truth: Our actions and words are formed by truth and honesty.
- Relevance: Our mission and purpose is centered in our community.
- Opportunity: We create opportunities to empower others.
- Acceptance: We accept the individuality of all without judgment.
- Expression: We celebrate our faith through art, music, and action.
- Action: We engage ourselves and others to create positive change.
- Faith: We believe that God is at the center of who we are.
- Connection: We recognize that we are all connected through God.
- Ubuntu: We embrace the philosophy “I am through you as you are through me.”
- Healing: We help others to find hope and inspiration in their lives.
- Passion: We live a life of purpose.
- Leadership: Our actions serve as models for others.
We strive to inspire, with love, the living experience of the Still-Speaking God in a community where ALL, not some, are welcome.
Ktizo extends beyond the confines of church walls. We believe in spreading the light of Christ throughout the world. We are dedicated to tearing down the walls of separation, inequality and injustice so that all people may know God’s grace, peace and love.
We are part of the United Church of Christ denomination that has a long, vibrant history of social justice. The United Church of Christ (UCC) is a distinct and diverse community of Christians that come together as one church to join faith and action. With more than 5,100 churches and 1.1 million members across the U.S., the UCC serves God in the co-creation of a just and sustainable world. The UCC is a church of firsts, a church of extravagant welcome, and a church where ‘…they may all be one’” (John 17:21).